3.10.2011

10 months

This is crazy. My baby is 10 months old. She's been in the world longer than she baked in my belly.

And I can't imagine life without her.

Here's what our little diva is up to this month:
  1. Is officially crawling.
  2. Related to #1, I have officially lost the ability to use the restroom in private. Sigh.
  3. Pulls herself up all the time, on anything she can reach.
  4. Has developed a little bit of separation anxiety. I usually leave her with my husband when he gets home so I can work out. She's fine when I leave, but as soon as I get back she starts whining for a cuddle with momma. And she's my shadow now - she follows me all through the apartment. Refer back to #2 ;)
  5. Has eaten a variety of table foods. She's had chicken, pulled pork, ground meat, pita bread, pizza crust, cheese and others. She still eats baby food and cereal, but I'm hoping by 12 months she'll be eating less and less of that and more of the good stuff!
  6. Still only has two teeth, on the bottom. At her 9 month check-up the doctor thought that the two on top would cut soon. That was 2.5 weeks ago. Still no top teeth in sight.
  7. Has the cutest giggle in the world. And it's actually the best when she's sleepy. She's like me, in that she gets slap happy when she's really tired.
  8. Wears shoes when we go out. I refused to buy her shoes before, because really - what's the point when they're immobile? But now that she's standing and crawling I make sure she has shoes on when we leave the house. And usually by the time I go to get her out of the car, she's taken them off.
  9. She's had her first kiss. hahahaha. She went with me to a military spouse outing the other day and there was a little boy named Samuel who is one month younger. We sat them on the table next to each other and the flirting commenced. He leaned in to kiss her - and my little one just laughed and laughed. So I'm not sure if she enjoyed the attention or was amused that he had the audacity to come on to her. But either way, it was hysterical.
And here's a pic of the little lady this past Sunday after church:


Still refusing to believe she'll turn one in 2 months...

No comments:

Post a Comment