7.14.2011

The 'in-between phase'

I'm going to whine in this post. You have been warned.

So if you recall my Take It Off Mondays series, it was somewhat easy for me to shed about 15 pounds. And then we moved. This threw off my workout routine because for 1) we no longer have a workout room at our apartment complex and 2) we don't live in the best neighborhood, so hour-long walks are out. And of course during/immediately after a move, you aren't in the habit of cooking wholesome meals and fast food becomes your kitchen.

After a couple weeks of unhealthy living I finally got back into the groove of grocery shopping and cooking, so I had mastered that part. But the workout part...

You know what's really annoying? I can work out on base for free. FREE. But there's this little problem called childcare. They don't provide it. So if I'm going to pay for childcare so I can work out - I might as well join the local gym that provides it. I even looked on our cable for an 'on-demand fitness' channel. Welp, turns out we don't have one here. Sigh.

Two weeks ago, I finally got into the routine of working out at night after Eva's in bed. Then my father-in-law came. And the routine all but evaporated.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that we weaned off breastfeeding (yay!) two weeks ago. Which is great, but I just lost the ability to burn an extra 200-300 calories a day.

As of Monday I started back with P90X and I've taken Eva on a couple walks (on the sidewalk of a main street. Although safer than our neighborhood, still not the best option because there's several busy intersections) So I've lost 2 of the 8 pounds that I had gained back.

I'm content with my progress but I have to admit I'm frustrated. I worked so hard to get where I was before we moved. And I honestly feel like circumstances are to cause for my 'two steps back'. I was at the point that I felt on the verge of being thin, and now I feel chubby again. I know I'm smaller than I was when I started this journey (and honestly, smaller than when I got pregnant) BUT, my end goal of wearing a size 10 seems so far off. And I just feel jiggly all over.

Ok, I had to get that off my chest. I'm back on the wagon, and I see the light at the end of the tunnel.


Even if that light looks like a pin drop ;)

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I didn't think your neighborhood was so bad when I walked Eva - try turning left out of your development. Knowing what's caused the weight gain is 1/2 the battle; considering that you're already resuming an exercise program, you'll be able to drop the regained weight before you know it. The dilemma is in the fall when the weather changes making walking more difficult. There is another option; purchase cheap exercise tapes. Just don't give up because I can attest that exercise has to become part of our regular lives for all of our lives - hang in there, hon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hulu has workout videos...or so I think they do. I know Netflix does. You will get it!

    ReplyDelete