6.10.2011

Y3W | Dream Big Dreams

My high school was a near-dynasty when it came to two sports: softball and wrestling. In the eighties and early nineties our softball team won several state titles. While I was a student, we usually sent 2-4 guys to compete for state titles in wrestling each year.

Every fall, winter and spring, the athletic teams sold school-spirit apparel to raise money for their respective sport. On e particular year the wrestling team sold shirts with the letters DBD on the front. On the back it read 'Dream Big Dreams' (actually the front said DBD squared and the back read 'Dream Big Dreams, Don't Back Down' - but you get the point)

This post is all about my 'big dreams'. Now these are different than my life goals, which can be found here. I'm talking about things you occasionally fantasize about, but don't give real thought into. If they happen-great! If not, no big deal.

  • Go to school to become a pastry chef. I LOVE baking. And I enjoy taking the extra steps to make my baked goods look good as well. Sometimes I fancy what it would be like to attend Le Cordon Bleu or some other froo-froo school. This may still be a second career option...someday.
  • Become a certified personal trainer. I like taking group exercise classes. And I like to think I'm pretty good at speaking in public. If I became a personal trainer, I'd HAVE to go the gym and my days of making excuses would be over.
  • Travel throughout the Mediterranean. And I don't just mean the tourist destinations. Like, I would love to also see the countryside in Spain, Greece, Turkey and Italy. This is a big dream because of 1. cost and 2. I don't know who would come with me. My husband likes traveling, but only where 'people speak English' and I don't know who else would be willing to be adventurous with me in this venture. Either way, I definitely want to visit that area of the world, even if it means I only hit the tourist stops...
That's it for now. I may add on to this post as more random big dreams come to me ;)

2 comments:

  1. Hey I'm your newest follower over here from the Three Words blog hop!

    Yay for dreaming big!

    http://www.forloveofcupcakes.com

    ReplyDelete