3.29.2011

What I'm loving...

When I see that someone is successful with a weight loss program, I always want to know the details of how they did it. Especially if they didn't use a trainer, or order a meal program or follow some preplanned system. I like hearing stories of people that just make changes in their life that works for them. And so far, that's what I've done. Now, I haven't lost some mammoth amount of weight, nor am I a fitness expert. But I'd like to pass on what's working for me, on the off chance that it may help someone else. So here's what I've been eating (and loving!) which is helping me reach my goals.

Breakfast
  • Kashi GoLean Crunch cereal (sooooo much fiber and protein, and an easy meal when I'm still groggy)
  • Kashi Multigrain Waffles (I've eaten them with butter and syrup, but lately I prefer a little peanut butter on top)
  • Subway Sunrise Melt - with egg whites, on an english muffin (rare, but I occasionally pick one up after dropping my husband off on base)
Snacks
  • Fage yogurt (that I mentioned in my previous post. YUM)
  • Dried Cranberries
  • Nature Valley Peanut Butter granola bars
  • Pita Chips with hummus or alone
  • Whole Wheat Pita Bread with hummus
  • My famous smoothie (not sure if it's famous, but it consists of 5 frozen strawberries, 1 fresh banana and about .5 cup of orange juice blended up. Sooooo good)
  • Spinach salad with raspberry vinagrette dressing
  • And of course, fruits like grapes, bananas, apples

Lunch/Dinner (normally my lunch is leftovers from the previous night)
Here are a couple recipes that I've made lately. I'm trying to do at least one meat-free meal per week.

I also make my own pizza bi-weekly (and yes! I do the dough from scratch), and make tacos, spaghetti and other quick go-to meals.

Now all of those recipes may not be the healthiest. But, they're better than eating fast food or junk. And I make sure to control my portion size. Plus, my husband has the opposite problem of me - it's hard for him to gain weight. So I can't make all of our meals vegetarian, low-cal, low-carb, etc., and I refuse to cook separate meals for us.

That's what's working for me. I hope that may help someone out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment